Art therapy is a form of creative process wherein a student is mentored to express one’s self through various forms of art. Art therapy jobs require a special skill in personal relations and rapport which provides various students a safe zone to express their feelings artistically, developing behavior, self-esteem and inter-personal relationship skills.
Art Therapy can be a viable long term career choice
Most people think that teaching art is not a steady occupation without a future career waiting for those who teach the various forms of art. This is far from the truth, in fact, a lot of art therapy teachers become well sought after art mentors with blossoming careers than most people teaching general education subjects. If you know how to make use of your talents to your advantage there are a lot of great opportunities waiting for you in this field.
If you know you have the skills to teach people about art and you are great with building relationships, then art therapy jobs will open you up for great career opportunities. Here are 5 reasons why you should apply for art therapy jobs :
- Teaching art enables you to hone your craft as well. Learning to express one’s self artistically is a two way process. Students learn from your lessons and mentoring, and you also learn from them. Very few teaching jobs offer the same interaction with your students compared to art therapy, which is why both you and your students grow and develop artistically.
- The self-fulfillment in developing other people’s skills and character is priceless. Very few jobs enable you to change people’s behavior and character. Art therapy offers you the chance to have a different impact on other people’s lives. It isn’t just about teaching them the technicalities of various forms of art, but it’s about helping them get in touch with their true self and providing them a platform to express themselves on the road to self-awareness.
- Art therapy teaching helps people communicate more effectively. A lot of the younger people today have difficulty relating to their peers. By providing them options to get out of their shells through music, theater, dance, painting, sculpture making and many other forms of art, you are equipping them for their future.
- With all the self-fulfillment that you get from art therapy, another reason why you should consider making a career out of it is because of the good pay you can get from these jobs. Art therapy mentor and art teacher positions are not overly crowded as opposed to other areas of teaching. Because of this you are able to demand a high paying salary for your rendered service.
- In addition to this, art therapy jobs are not limited to schools. There are a lot of facilities looking for art mentors who render such services both privately and publicly. This allows you to earn more than the regular salary of other teachers in schools.